Preamble
I have decided to call this blog "On My Way to the Celestial City". You will probably recognize the reference to John Bunyan' classic work, Pilgrim's Progress. The book tells the story of Christian and his journey toward his heavenly home (Celestial City). Since this is going to be about my own journey, the blog's title is appropriate.
The first several entries will be in roughly chronological order as I sort through certain events in my life that had spiritual significance. It was what I had to do in my master's thesis when I was in seminary. My thesis dealt with God's call of Abraham in Genesis 12, seeing Abraham's call as my call. When Abraham asked where he was going, God told him I will tell you on the way. I felt that also applied to me. I am on a journey with God to my heavenly destination.
Well, that is what this blog is all about. I hope to impart certain things I have learned on the way. We will see how it goes.
Comments
Post a Comment