Pre-Christian Influences

 I entitled this post "Pre-Christian Influences" because when I sat down to do my "spiritual biography" in seminary, I realized that God had been knocking on my door, so to speak, my whole life.

To start off with, my parents enrolled me in a kindergarten program in a Methodist church. I have pictures of me as a shepherd in their annual Christmas program.  My parents were attending there 1) because my Dad was raised Methodist, and 2) they were going for my benefit.

My next influence was a neighbor who was a friend of the family, Mrs. van Ostenburg.  I attended a Reform church with her and her children.  She was my Sunday School teacher.  I remember that I really liked going to church with her.  I was doing that because I think by this time my parents  had stopped going to church.   

My third and most important influence was Drew Peterson.  He was the guy who was my primary influence in becoming a Christian.  I think later on I will do a blog post mainly devoted to him.  

At this time in my life I thought I was an agnostic, through and through, but God had been working on me since my early childhood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preamble

God's Strength vs My Weakness